Break of Dawn goes online - FINALEMENT

"Where all else fails, there's always Dawn to look forward to...."


Life's a bitch.

But I didn't think it would come to this.

Many years ago, when I was still struggling in the doldrums of depression, I started a journal - a sort of scrapbook really - to fill in my thoughts on life, the universe, everything... and how nice it would be if I weren't in any of it....

And I named that little orange thingy BREAK OF DAWN.

The point of it all was that I could write anything I want, anytime I want. I wasn't going to put in an entry every single day like your regular Diary of Anne Frank enthusiasts (I didn't want to say "freaks" in honour of the memory, but there, I've done it).

INGENIOUS really.

A few years later, while I was wallowing in the throes of unrequited love, I actually trotted out a full blown novella (you got to pardon my French there), EN AMOUR ENCORE, POUR LE PREMIER FOIS.

Even though it was a long break from my orange scrapbook days, this French title on my pathetic exploits and love life (or lack of it) actually belongs under the BREAK OF DAWN series.

Not because it was written in an orange scrapbook. But rather because it was about a certain some life of that same sad sod.

A friend of mine told me I ought to set up a regular blog.

"You need to improve your writing", he said.

Thanks a lot AMIGO, really.

So here it is.

BREAK OF DAWN goes online - finalement.

It's actually come quite a long way.

REALLY. From writing in that orange scrapbook to typing out on Adobe Acrobat; and now - blogging on the world wide web. It's like... KARMA....

Just don't expect a lot of frills and excitement. All these things have nothing to do with my life.

For that I'll be setting up other blogs on other infintely (hopefully) more interesting topics.

Here - it's more like a tryout. For all I know, this may even be my only post - EVER.

So if you do happen across this sorry excuse for a blog and really have a point to prove - POST ME A YAWN - if you can actually be bothered.

Maybe I'll even get back to you sometime....

Oh and by the way, if you're wondering why it's called BREAK OF DAWN?

Don't.


From that same sad sod,
Aylas Dawn Vethtiche


Comments

Popular Posts